Arthur battles the forces of Evil—hunts, kills, exorcists, and generally kick demon ass—in hope of gaining his way back into Heaven. Merlin’s always been able to see angels and demons, but has managed to keep his head down until the moment where he couldn’t and found himself hunted down.
Arthur’s case brings him to Merlin and together they have to figure out why demons are suddenly trying to cross over into our world without taking possession of a host. There’s lots of ass kicking and sassing annoying, unhelpful angels and demons alike, and falling in love and generally being so over Heaven and Hell thinking that this world is their goddamn playground.
Not when you are laying around the house, not when you go to the grocery store, not when you sit in a classroom, not when you go to the gym. You are never obligated to get dressed up just so you are pretty for others.
Pretty is not the rent you pay to exist in the world as a woman.
That last line. Wow.
So far adulthood is just going grocery shopping, realizing you didn’t plan well or logically, going grocery shopping again, repeat ad infinitum. 0/10 stars, would not recommend
This post is still getting hundreds of notes a day and I am going grocery shopping again.
SO MUCH WITH THE GROCERY SHOPPING.
The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975 (2011), Göran Hugo Olsson
You heard it right folks, the FBI considered free breakfasts for poor children to be the most dangerous internal threat to the country. Literally the kind of thing Jesus would do was the most dangerous threat to the country.
“Just so everyone is aware, there is a bunch of misleading info being spread around re: ALS research - the “27%” figure is based on previous years’ annual funding; furthermore, the remainder goes to improving the quality of life of those suffering from ALS. Given that the annual funding is approximately 16M, that’s just over 4M spent on decreasing their suffering. It isn’t greed, it’s a lack of money.”
Shut up already.
And the next time you start to complain about a charity either a) working on multiple fronts (because that’s what ALSA does—both seeking a cure and helping people suffering now) or b) daring to have administration expenses—let’s see how long you can last, much less tackle a cause, without printer paper and an internet connection.
As someone who has watched a family member die from a neuro-degenerative disease; funding to develop better wheelchairs and bedsore creams is *just* as important as funding research to cure the disease itself…
A friend of mine posted an update from one of HER friends to FB earlier. Her dad has ALS. The ALS foundation came out to see if they could put in a ramp for his wheelchair, but they couldn’t afford it because of the kind of ramp he needed for the kind of house they had.
This week they called back and said hey, the thing is, we suddenly have a bunch of money, so we’re coming out to build that ramp. And they did. She posted pics.
So if you feel like bitching about the ice bucket challenge…reconsider.
I don’t know which one of these I want the most….
B! LOOK AT THE THING! dowedare
Requested by and Dedicated To sansaswrath!
trouble is her middle name : “girls, come on. leave the saving of the world to the men? I don’t think so.” (a heart-thumping, fist-pumping, defiance-screaming mix for putting on your superhero costume and saving the goddamn day.)
Dixie Chicks - Cowboy Take Me Away
i wanna walk, not run
i wanna skip and not fall
i wanna look at the horizon
and not see a building standing tall
i wanna be the only one
for miles and miles
except for maybe you
and your simple smile
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
i have a secret dream to one day unapologetically punch someone hard in the face.
get to know me meme: [1/5] favourite relationships → Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez
"But most of all, I choose the person who inspires my heart - which is why I picked a school that’s exactly 32.7 miles from you."
"Curing AIDS? Shit, that’s like Cadillac making a car that lasts for 50 years. And you know they can do it, but they ain’t going to do nothing that fucking dumb. Shit, they got metal on the Space Shuttle that can go around the Moon and withstand temperatures of up to 20,000 degrees, you mean to tell me you don’t think they can make an El Dorado with a fuckin’ bumper that don’t fall off?"
- Chris Rock (“Bigger and Blacker”, 1999)